You are now visiting the site of Penjaga Pulau Community or literally translated as ‘the Guardian of the Island Community’.
Who are we? Penjaga Pulau Community is concerned with education and environment. Most members are – but not limited to – Youth. Our mission is to conserve nature through environmental education for young people.
Where are we? Sumbawa, Indonesia, is the place where we are now trying to take positive actions towards a better environment, together.
What are we doing? See more in CATEGORY We are learning and discussing. We are taking positive actions. And of course as youth, We are having FUN!.
Interested to participate?
If you share the same concerns with us, we welcome you to join the community!
Establishing Environmental Education Center in Labuhan Bajo Village, Sumbawa.
Written by eni
Wednesday, 20 May 2015 13:02
We are currently establishing Youth-Based Environmental Education Center in Kramat, Bedil, and Temudong Islands
The steps are as followed:
1. Sharing ideas to relevant governmental agencies in Sumbawa District. (2015)
2. Sharing ideas to the people of Labuhan Bajo and Pukat Villages. (2015)
3. Building commitment with the villagers. (2015)
The draft of the commitment was signed by Head of Labuhan Bajo Village, Representative of Community Leaders from Labuhan Bajo and Pukat CVillages, Representative of Youth from Labuhan Bajo and Pukat Villages, and Head of Badan Permusyawarahan Desa of Labuhan Bajo Village (Village House of Representatives)
4. Creating local working group prepared to manage the Education Center. (2015)
Local youth are going to be the main actors in the Education Center.
5. Developing management plan and action plan. (Ongoing - 2015)
6. Training for local working group. (Ongoing, 2015 - 2016)
7. Implementing action plan. (2016)
8. When we launch, Do Come and Visit to Learn and Have Fun!